Only recent services are listed (2005-). For more information on my overall activity please refer to the allegated resume, and to the SENSES lab web page.
Executive committees and steering boards
- Member of ACM Sensys steering committee
Past participation to steering and executive committees: Member of IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing steering committee (2011-2013); Member of the Board of CINI (the Italian Consortium of Computer Science and Computer Engineering Departments-till 2013); Member of the ACM SIGMOBILE Executive Committee (2005-2009).
- Associate Editor of ACM/Springer Wireless Networks Journal (ACM WINET).
- Guest Editor of the Elsevier Physical Communications and Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks Special issue on Advances in Underwater Communications and Networking Previous activities: Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing; Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology; Elsevier Ad Hoc Networks Journal; Wiley Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Journal.
Recent conference organization
- TPC co-Chair of IEEE INFOCOM 2016.
- Workshop co-chair of ACM MobiCom 2014.
- General Chair WinMee 2014.
- General chair of the 11th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys 2013).
- Panel chair of the 9th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad hoc and Sensor Systems (IEEE MASS 2012).
- Technical Program co-chair of the Sixth Annual IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks (IEEE SECON 2009).
- Program co-chair of the ACM International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (ACM Mobicom 2006). Other recent conference organization activities include: General co-chair of HealthNet08 (colocated with ACM MobiSys 08); Program co-chair of HealthNet07 (ACM MobiSys 07 workshop); Financial co-chair of the ACM Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (ACM MobiHoc 2006) ; Workshop co-chair of the International Conference on Wireless Internet (WICON 2006); General co-chair of the Annual International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Systems: Networking and Services (MobiQuitous 2005).
Technical Program committees
- Member of the TPC of over eighty conferences such as: IEEE Infocom, IEEE ICC, IEEE Globecom, IEEE SECON, IEEE PIMRC, IEEE IPDPS, IEEE Percom, IEEE MASS, IEEE WCNC, IEEE DCOSS, IEEE ICDCS, ACM MobiCom, ACM MobiHoc.
- Member of panels for the selection and ex post evaluation of EC projects (FP6,FP7 and ARTEMIS), ex post evaluator of one EC programme.
- Reviewer of projects submitted to the NWO (Netherland Organization for Scientific Research) and to the italian MIUR; Reviewer for the Swedish government funding organization VINNOVA.
- Reviewer of book proposals for Wiley Interscience.
- Member of La Sapienza spin off committee (in charge of selecting which spinoffs to sponsor at the university level, and of the spin off ex post evaluation).
- Member of La Sapienza Senate (2012-2013).
- Member of the committee in charge of designing the procedures for the quantitative evaluation of the quality of the scientific and teaching activities, College of Computer and Telecommunication Science and Engineering (2011–2013). This is a novel College of "La Sapienza" which gathers four Departments: Computer Science, Computer and System Engineering, Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering, and Statistics.
- Member of the College of Science committee in charge of designing the procedures for the quantitative evaluation of the quality of the scientific activities (2007–2010).
- Member of the Computer Science department fund-raising committee (2003–2006 and 2009–Present).
- Member of the national Ph.D. granting committee, University of Padova, 2008. This committee was in charge of evaluating the Ph.D. thesis of the candidates in the fields of control engineering, operative research and telecommunications engineering.
- Member of the Senate of La Sapienza "Ateneo Federato delle Scienze e delle Tecnologie (AST)." AST combines several colleges in the field of science and technology including the College of Science and College of Engineering (2006).
- Member of La Sapienza Computer Science Ph.D. program teaching committee (2003–2007).
- Member of La Sapienza Extended Senate (2002–2006).
Dr. Chiara Petrioli, PhD
Full Professor, Dipartimento di Informatica Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza", Via Salaria 113, 00198 Roma ITALY (room 311)
Tel: +39 0649918354
Fax: +39 06 8541842